I have been given this product as part of a product review through the Chronic Illness Bloggers network. Although the product was a gift, all opinions in this review remain my own and I was in now way influenced by the company.
To say I was skeptical when I first saw the Oska Pulse would be an understatement. How could a little, glowing, UFO looking device, help my intense, chronic pain from Rheumatoid Arthritis? In short, it could and it did.
For over 60 years, PEMF signals (Pulsed electromagnetic fields), similar to those in the Oska Pulse, have been used to treat pain and edema in soft tissue. It’s been established that tissues, including blood, muscle, ligaments, bone, and cartilage respond to biophysical input. Where there is better blood flow (circulation), better structure, and turnover of old structures, significant improvement is possible. The signaling processes of the Oska Pulse are wide enough to respond to the majority of pain experiences and to help the body start its natural internal recovery processes. There are multiple scientific clinical studies that demonstrate the pain relief effects from PEMF signals, click here to learn more.
In short- pain radiates from a damaged area of the body and that same area then exhibits inflammation. When PEMF is applied, your body is stimulated to repair and renovate the damaged area. Immediate relief is delivered by reducing inflammation and long term relief is delivered from the repair mechanisms your body implements while using the Oska Pulse.
What do I think?
- It’s simple. I can’t think of a device that I literally just put on the area I’m feeling pain in (over or under clothing) and touch a button to get started. I don’t have to dial up intensity or go through a series of prompts or buttons to get started.
- The strap is fantastic. I have used my Pulse for the past few months and the strap hasn’t started to show any signs of wear and tear. Unlike some Velcro straps that seem to fall apart and have threads pulling out almost immediately, this strap seems to be very well made. It also securely holds my device, I’m never worried about it slipping off. The strap is long enough that I can wrap it completely around myself to hold the Oska Pulse on my hip but it’s not too bulky when I wrap it around a smaller joint, like my elbow for example.
- The device is quiet- no buzzing, no continuous beeping. Simple beeps allow you to know that the device has turned on or off.
- Most importantly, it works. I have noticed that I have a larger range of motion in joints that I use the device regularly on. I have less pain, especially when I use the Oska Pulse prior to or after things that cause me discomfort. Driving is especially painful for me but my shoulder and knee pain are dramatically reduced if I use the Oska Pulse during each commute.
- It’s portable- I have used my Oska Pulse in my car, at my desk at work, on an airplane, laying in bed. It’s easy to use anywhere!
What could be improved upon?
- Length of treatment. It would be nice if I could set my device to do more than one treatment without having to turn it back on. Thirty minutes can go by fast and I’d love to see how much benefit I would get if I was able to wear it continuously overnight. But you really can’t beat hitting a button one time to get a new treatment started.
- The lights. Ok, I love the lights. I love the blue light and think it’s so unique. But- it can be distracting if you wear it on your shoulder while driving at night, for example. Or if you’re trying to secretly use it- that’s not very easy to do.
- A carrying case. The button on my Pulse can be very sensitive at times and just jostling it in my work bag can cause it to turn on. It’d be nice to have some sort of hard sided case to protect it from turning on accidentally and wasting battery life.
If you’re debating on trying the Oska Pulse for yourself- let me remind you that the device is backed with a 90 day money back guarantee. A guarantee that includes all taxes, shipping, and a return label to ship the product back to their factory if you aren’t fully satisfied. And, if you enter my code “ATJAX” at checkout, you can save 5% off your order! Click here to visit their site!