- Spending my commute screaming f*ck because the sciatic pain was at its worst
- Trying to work all day with a fever
- Being unable to get my blood sugar down because the pain is causing it to rise
- Drinking a ridiculous amount of caffeine so I don’t fall asleep driving home later
- Sitting on an ice pack all day because I can’t get my back to stop hurting
- Getting ready to drive home with my sciatic nerve feeling like someone is stabbing me up and down my leg
Just living with Rheumatoid Arthritis and Type 1 Diabetes is hard enough but working full time and caring for a family is a battle a lot of patients, like me, fight every day.
I’d be disrespecting myself and my community if I only showed my “good” photos and didn’t share my struggles. So here I am. It isn’t pretty.