I have been given this product as part of a product review through the Chronic Illness Bloggers network. Although the product was a gift, all opinions in this review remain my own and I was in no way influenced by the company.
First things first, what is CBD? CBD stands for Cannabidiol which is extracted from the Cannabis plant. Although CBD does not have any euphoric properties, there is the possibility for a drug test to result in a positive test for THC. Although this product contains .03% THC (federal limit is .3%) you should still use caution if you are planning to get tested. The product is legal for sale in the United States.
I’ve been using Cannabidiol products topically for the past few months- they have been very helpful in reducing my Rheumatoid Arthritis and fibromyalgia pain. I was asked to try Superior CBD Oil, made by Honey Colony, which is a custom made CBD oil that nourishes my body’s endocannabinoid system, also known as ESC. The ESC is a group of endogenous cannabinoid receptors located in the brain and the central and peripheral nervous systems. When you have a decrease in the functioning of your ESC, you can have chemical imbalances throughout your entire body. The Superior CBD Oil acts on the ESC to increase its function and promote whole body health.
Health Benefits from using the Superior CBD Oil formula:
- Balances the Nervous System
- Balances the Musculo-Skeletal System
- Promotes Mental Clarity, Focus & Memory
- Supports Calm & Relaxation
- Supports Healthy Immune & Stress Response
- Supports Healthy Inflammatory Response
- Provides Anti-Oxidant Support
- Supports Healthy Energy & Stamina
The Honey Colony’s Superior CBD Oil aims to enhance, regulate, and support a long healthy life by including the following ingredients, known as “The Superior Six” in its formula:
- Sichuan Teasel Root- used to stimulate the liver and kidneys, promote blood circulation, and strengthen bones and tendons.
- Dang Shen Root- provides energy, mood enhancing, and restorative support
- Astragalus Root- supports healthy respiratory function and a healthy inflammatory response
- White Peony/Bai Shao Yao Root- promotes healthy liver and musco-skeletal function; supports brain health and balance
- Propolis- supporter of healthy immune and stress response, healthy blood levels, and supports gastrointestinal health
- Bitter Orange Peel- antibacterial and antioxidant properties
Suggested use is four drops under the tongue, three times a day. When you place the drops under your tongue, it is advised that you hold them there for ninety seconds before swallowing. This method allows the CBD oil to enter the bloodstream quickly.
One of my initial concerns was what this product would taste like- especially if it I had to hold it under my tongue for over a minute. I’m nauseous for most of the day, thanks to my medications, and I was concerned I wouldn’t be able to keep this under my tongue. I was pleasantly surprised- this product did not taste medicinal at all, it had a slight bit of sweetness to it.
When I tried this product, I did not notice any results immediately. After two weeks of use, I began to wonder if it was going to work at all. I then noticed that overall, I felt more balanced. I felt like I could focus better, my mood was more stabilized, and I had an overall feeling of calmness- not as tightly wound as I seemed to be prior to trying this product.
To learn more about Honey Colony’s Superior CBD Oil and to purchase it for yourself, click here.