It hasn’t been easy but I’ve kept up with my goal of walking/running/crawling/dancing my way to 2016 miles in 2016. There are days that I don’t want to move at all and days that despite telling myself the opposite, I don’t feel better after reaching my goal of 5.5 miles a day…I actually feel worse.
But I’ve kept on. Why? How?
- I’ve made my goals public. Very public. I talk about them at work, at home. I post on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- I’ve broken down my goal into smaller daily/weekly goals.
- 5.5 miles a day or 38.8 a week doesn’t seem as insane as 2,016 miles
- I have even smaller goals for steps during the day at work
- 2,000 by 10am; 3,500 by 12pm, etc.
- I try to get up and move around every 30 minutes, even if it’s just marching in place
I’d be remiss if I didn’t mention my Fitbit. From weekly or weekend challenges with friends to just seeing my steps and miles go into the “green”, my Fitbit One is a tremendous motivator and makes keeping myself accountable super easy.
How are your resolutions or goals going? What helps you to stay on track?