I have been given this product as part of a product review through the Chronic Illness Bloggers network. Although the product was a gift, all opinions in this review remain my own and I was in no way influenced by the company.
Let’s start with a little background on my…nose.
My sinus infections got so bad that my rheumatologist told me the only way I could continue using Humira was to have sinus surgery. So, I did. I will spare you most of the details but I was awake for the procedure, it was extremely painful and uncomfortable, and they were unable to fully get into my left sinus because well, I couldn’t take the torture anymore (I have learned that most people are not awake for this surgery so please do not let my experience keep you from getting the relief and treatment you need). As a result, the right side of my face is wonderful and the left side gets stuffed up if I just look at a photo of flowers.
Sinus pressure is uncomfortable, painful, and downright annoying. It’s hard to breathe, you snore, and you spend a lot of money on lotion tissues (please don’t tell me you’re using regular tissues…your poor nose). So when I was offered the chance to try yet another nasal spray, I was skeptical but also figured I didn’t have anything to lose.
The company claims that it will help “provide provide sinus relief, prevent sinus related hives, prevent migraines, help stop allergies, prevent sinus infections, help prevent sinus headaches and help you breathe easier”.
At first glance, it looks, pleasant. Instead of some sort of mucous character, there’s an image of a woman, who is clearly outside, enjoying the air filled with pollen. And the directions are simple: Pump one to two times in each nostril. Wait a few seconds before repeating. Use as many times as needed.
So what exactly is in this nasal spray to make it so different from what’s already sitting on a shelf in my local drugstore? Let’s take a look:
- Ionic & Colloidal Silver– antiviral, antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory- research shows that this is a good alternative to antibiotics
- Xylitol– helps keep infectious germs from adhering to the mucous membranes in your nasal tissues- translation- germs are more easily flushed out
- Sea Salt– saline helps reduce nasal secretions which helps remove irritating particles and germs
- Cayenne Pepper– full of capsaicin which triggers the release of fluids to calm and cool the senses; also helps to relieve inflammation and prevent infection
- Horseradish– mild, natural antibiotic that prevents bacteria from accumulating and causing an infection
- Wintergreen Oil– helps fight disease
- Oregano– potent antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties
- Eucalyptus Blue– this oil helps open nasal airways to eliminate sinus pressure; soothes inflammation
- Lemon– this oil is beneficial to the circulatory system; helps to cleanse and purify; relieves cough symptoms
- Rosemary– helps to clear the mind and increase mental awareness
- Tea Tree– helps the body to fight off infection from bacteria, fungi, and viruses
- Additional Oils: Pine Needle, Peppermint, and Majoram.
So does it work?
In one word, yes! I started using the spray each night before I went to bed from the day I got it, almost two months ago. I typically wake up extremely congested with a lot of pain in my upper teeth and cheekbone, on the left side of my face. It wasn’t immediately gone after the first use but over time, it became easier and easier to breathe in the morning. I’ve found that when I am congested and can’t seem to get any of the congestion moving, this product does the trick. I like that I can use it multiple times a day if needed- nasal sprays that I’ve used previously contained steroids. I was always told to not use them for longer than a few days or I could end up with worse congestion. Since this product is all natural, I can use it as often as I need to. I had knee surgery a month ago and part of the pre-op instructions were to discontinue any supplements so I stopped using this. My congestion returned and as I started using the product again, my nose has returned to being open and clear!
If you’re interested in giving this product a try, please visit ImmunizeLabs and please let me know how it works for you!
As always, make sure to consult your doctor before trying any new product, even if it is all natural, and always let your doctor know if your symptoms aren’t improving.